This privacy notice (the “Privacy Notice”) outlines the basis on which any personal data will be processed in relation to the account you hold to access F1insight.tv. For the purpose of data protection law, Formula One Management Limited of No. 2 St James’ Market, London SW1Y 4AH (“we”, “us” and/or “our”) is the data controller.
Questions, comments and requests regarding this Privacy Notice and how we use your personal data are welcomed and should be addressed to the system support team at f1insightsupport@F1.com or the data team at datateam@F1.com.
AGREEING TO OUR PRIVACY NOTICE
By registering to access the content at F1insight.tv, you accept that we will use your personal information in accordance with this Privacy Notice.
We will not be able to provide you with access to the F1insight.tv services if we do not receive the relevant necessary information, or if you object to us processing your personal data in accordance with this Privacy Notice. If you do not provide us with your personal information, or if you withdraw a consent that you have given under this Notice, this may affect our ability to provide services to you or negatively impact the services we can provide to you.
WHAT INFORMATION DO WE COLLECT?
We will collect and process information that is provided to us in the course of accessing our content via F1insight.tv. The information provided to us may include your name and email address.
HOW DO WE USE YOUR INFORMATION?
We may use your information:
- • for reasonable record keeping purposes;
- • to administer and provide services that you request;
- • to comply with legal and regulatory requirements;
- • in such way as you may otherwise expressly consent to; and/or
- • for any other purpose that we may reasonably notify to you from time to time.
You agree that we will share your information with:
- • carefully selected third party organisations to carry out certain processing activities on our behalf where such parties have the necessary protections in place to comply with applicable data protection law;
- • other Formula 1 Companies (including Formula One Management Limited, Formula One World Championship Limited, Formula One Hospitality and Event Services Limited, Formula One Marketing Limited and Formula Motorsport Limited); and/or
- • any law enforcement agency requesting it once we are reasonably satisfied as to the circumstances surrounding the request.
We may disclose your information to third parties:
- • to protect our rights, property, or safety, our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for the purposes of fraud protection and credit risk reduction;
- • to comply with applicable laws and lawful government requests; and/or
- • to operate our systems properly or to protect our users and ourselves.
We have security protocols in place to protect your information from unauthorised access, improper use or disclosure, unauthorised modification, and unlawful destruction or accidental loss. We only allow access to our databases when necessary, and then under strict guidelines as to what use may be made of such data.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR INFORMATION
Your information will be stored on databases located on servers in the European Economic Area (EEA). If we transfer any information out of the EEA, it will only be done with the relevant protection (under UK law) being in place.
YOUR RIGHTS IN RELATION TO YOUR DATA
You have rights to access, correct, and/or delete your information or to object to or restrict our processing of it in certain situations, but these actions may prevent us from providing services. No fee is usually required to exercise these rights, but we may need certain information from you.
In certain circumstances, you have the right to:
- • Request access to your personal information. This enables you to receive a copy of the personal information we hold about you and to check that we are lawfully processing it.
- • Request correction of the personal information that we hold about you. This enables you to have any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you corrected.
- • Request erasure of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to delete or remove personal information where there is no good reason for us continuing to process it. You also have the right to ask us to delete or remove your personal information where you have exercised your right to object to processing (see below).
- • Request the restriction of processing of your personal information. This enables you to ask us to suspend the processing of personal information about you, for example if you want us to establish its accuracy or the reason for processing it.
If you require any further help from us in relation to the above rights, please email datateam@F1.com.
No fee is usually required - You will not have to pay a fee to access your personal information (or to exercise any of the other rights). However, we may charge a reasonable fee if your request for access is unfounded or excessive. Alternatively, we may refuse to comply with the request in such circumstances.
What we may need from you - We may need to request specific information from you to help us confirm your identity and ensure your right to access the information (or to exercise any of your other rights). This is another appropriate security measure to ensure that personal information is not disclosed to any person who has no right to receive it.
CHANGES TO THIS PRIVACY NOTICE
Privacy laws and practice are constantly developing. Our policies and procedures are therefore under continual review. We may, from time to time, update our Privacy Notice. If you wish to request the latest version of this Privacy Notice please contact datateam@F1.com.
HOW TO COMPLAIN
We endeavour to meet the highest standards when collecting and using personal information, however if you wish to lodge a complaint as to how we collect and process your information please contact datateam@F1.com. You may also wish to lodge a complaint with the information Commissioner’s Office, the UK’s independent body set up to uphold information rights. You can find further details as to how to do this at https://ico.org.uk/concerns/.